Monday, February 9, 2009

A computer does what?

June, 1994. I was eight, almost nine. Our first computer confused me. I didn't really understand what this odd looking T.V. was for, really, and it didn't really interest me much. My dad used it to show me the encyclopedia program that had come with it, which surprisingly enough, could not hold my attention.
Honestly though, imagine it from my perspective. Why would I possibly care about the computer? My schoolwork was all in workbooks or required cursive handwriting. My friends all wanted to play outside, and for that matter so did I. And when I wasn't otherwise occupied by one of those activities I was playing with my G.I. Joes.
However, this was my first experience with the computer and for that reason I think it was important for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment